Intern – Intelligence & Investigations
At 36Brains, we combine a deep knowledge of corporate intelligence and business investigations with an unconditional love for technology. We move intelligence techniques out of their traditional cloak and dagger ways and apply them to new areas of business, powered by innovation and exceptional people: our Brains.
As a benefit company, we have made our Brains’ well-being our priority, providing them with training,
peer education, and doing everything we can to contribute to their professional growth and personal development.
Brains come from the most diverse life and work experiences and provide an exceptional level of service.
A Brain’s fundamental traits are curiosity, imagination and independent thinking. They are skilled in understanding and breaking down complex issues, prioritizing tasks and connecting the dots with an investigative mindset. We value the personal traits and characteristics that make us different. This is the
reason why we welcome Brains of all nationalities and from almost every discipline.
Due to the sensitivity of the information that 36Brains deals with, we train and trust our Brains to handle confidential information, thinking and acting accordingly.
We are looking to add an Intern to our team. If you join us, you will learn research and analytical skills necessary to become an outstanding professional in the intelligence and investigations industry, able to
collect information and coordinate resources, online and offline, in order to answer our Clients’ most diverse strategic questions.
This position will be based at our office in Milan, Italy, and has a 6-month duration.
- Conduct media and database research using complex search criteria and following a strict methodology
- Provide research into potential issues relating to financial crimes, compliance concerns, money laundering, and corruption
- Identify and interview human sources to develop intelligence and supplement research
- Critically evaluate information on sources, opposed interests and roles in a wide range of industries
- Contribute to, improve and develop new tools and procedures to keep our investigative methodology current, relevant and cost-effective
- Build and maintain awareness of the broader context and implications of the various types of risk affecting the business (e.g. financial, legal, reputational).
- Distil conclusions and identify hidden or indirect connections from research findings
- Create thorough reports presenting information in a clear and narrative way
- Present findings to Clients during in-person and remote meetings
- Affiliated to an Italian university
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline, currently pursuing a Master’s degree
- Ability to work full-time
- Excellent command of English, with some life experience outside of your country of birth
- Research, writing and analytical skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to take direction, feedback, and guidance from management
- Positive attitude and ability to collaborate with others and work as a team
- Demonstrated commitment to obtaining outstanding results
Nice to haves
- Master’s degree in any discipline
- Command of a second language, German proficiency is a plus
- Passion for online research and OSINT
- Proficiency in Python / Java
- Advanced command of Excel (vlookups, pivots, macros, etc)
36Brains is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis.
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
To apply please send a CV and sample writing in the languages you speak.